- Division of Research and Innovation Partnerships
- Office of Research Compliance, Integrity and Safety
- Laboratory Safety
- Field Work Safety
Field Work Safety
Northern Illinois University (NIU) is committed to providing faculty, staff, and students with opportunities to conduct field work in a safe environment.
Field activities present a special set of hazards that can put participants at significant risk if not addressed. All individuals performing field work on behalf of the university are responsible for ensuring they work in a safe and conscientious manner and follow this policy at all times.
The goal of this policy is to minimize the risk associated with field work by requiring a risk assessment prior to field activities and defining the responsibilities of those involved.
View the Field Work Policy.
Associated NIU Forms
- Field Activity Risk Assessment (DOCX)
- Field Tactics and Safety Strategies (DOCX)
- Field First Aid Kit (DOCX)
- Emergency Medical Information (DOCX)
- First Aid Report Form (PDF)